VOTE!!

 A political activist I am not.  I do believe in the gift and importance of voting, however.  I believe that it is our privilege and our duty to vote in elections.

In a few weeks we in the United States of America have a crucial opportunity to let our voices be heard.  Normally, mid-term elections are considered insignificant in comparison with presidential elections.  I  feel that is not the case this year.

I truly feel that these year's mid-terms elections are every bit as vital to our nation, to our democracy as the presidential elections.

I do not believe that it is my place as a member of clergy to tell you whom to vote for.  That is not my place nor is it ethical.  To tell you whom to vote for is a betrayal of my role as a pastor.

You will never hear me tell you to vote for candidate X over candidate Z.  I will not tell you to vote yes or no on a certain amendment/ballot initiative.

What you will hear me say is "VOTE!"  

In these next few weeks I encourage you to register if you are not currently registered in your area. Do NOT be a "one issue" voter.  Get to know all of the candidates and the issues  Reflect upon your values and beliefs.  Then vote in a way that your conscience supports.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Meme

September Lion's Roar

Disturbing Trends, Part II